"My intellect has taken a step backward since discovering The Daily Drivel" - Albert Einstein
" When I read it I begin to hate my fellow man. I want to hit something"- Mohandas Gandhi
"A complete abomination. We all weep at its very existence"- Abraham Lincoln
"I wouldn't begin my day without it. I've learned so much." - Lindsay Lohan

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Customer Finds Human Leg Bone In His Pizza


Pittsburgh- Wayne Grunfeld got a surprise addition to his lunch order yesterday from the local pizzeria that just opened on W. Liberty Avenue.
"I woke up in the mood for pizza. You know the feeling? All morning I was dreaming about an extra cheese pie with a sesame seed crust. This new place opened down the road, and I figured I'd give it a try. Boy, was that a mistake," said Grunfeld.
Primo's New York Style Pizza opened last week and customers have been raving about the crispy pizza with the delicious sauce and creative crusts. Sesame, garlic knot, even salted pretzel to name a few. Along with the unusual crusts, there are numerous topping selections to choose from. One topping selection that was not on the menu, however, was the human femur found topping the pie that was served to Grunfeld.
"I've ordered tilapia in a restaurant and gotten a few small bones. I've had a piece of bone or two in my chicken salad over the years, but this was a little much. You don't expect to bite into a bone when you're eating pizza, much less a human leg bone," said a disgusted Grunfeld, "it was sitting right on top of the pie, covered in sauce and cheese, hanging off the serving plate. It was huge and heavy. I can't believe someone in the kitchen missed this."
Grunfeld, who was extremely hungry, actually ate half the pizza before bringing the bone to the attention of the waitress. The owner, Primo Napolitano, apologized and offered Grunfeld a free order of garlic knots, which were gladly accepted.
"If this is how they serve pizza in New York, I think I'll pass," said Helen Bolger, a customer at an adjoining table.
When asked how something like this could possibly happen, Napolitano shrugged his shoulders and frowned.
"The customer's first impression is so important. Word of mouth can make or break you, especially in the first few weeks of a new restaurant. You try to be so careful when preparing food. I'm very strict, but sometimes the kitchen gets so busy right before the lunch and dinner rush. I guess we'll have to try a little harder in the future. It could have been worse," said Napolitano,"it could have been a hair. That really would have been bad for business." DD

No comments: