"My intellect has taken a step backward since discovering The Daily Drivel" - Albert Einstein
" When I read it I begin to hate my fellow man. I want to hit something"- Mohandas Gandhi
"A complete abomination. We all weep at its very existence"- Abraham Lincoln
"I wouldn't begin my day without it. I've learned so much." - Lindsay Lohan

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tempermental Method Actor Daniel Day-Lewis Actually Transforms Into Animated Dog For New Role




Hollywood- Daniel Day-Lewis, best known for his Academy Award winning roles in films 'My Left Foot' and 'There Will Be Blood', has always had a reputation for immersing himself in his role and becoming the character. This time he has taken it one step further. Day-Lewis has legally changed his name to Ruff MacTavish and has somehow physically transformed himself into an animated Scottish terrier for his role in the new Dreamworks animated movie, 'Scotland Pound'.

'Scotland Pound' is an animated version of a Sherlock Holmes type of character. Along with Day-Lewis as Ruff MacTavish, it stars Michael Caine as the voice of Wags MacGregor, as Scottish terriers investigating a series of crimes perpetuated by their arch-nemesis, mastermind cat burglar, Claws Killington, as voiced by Ben Kingsley.

"I thought that I was dedicated to my craft," said Ben Kingsley, "but Daniel, err, excuse me, Ruff, takes it to a whole new level. He actually lifted his leg and pissed all over me several times. Remarkable fellow. He is by far the best actor of his generaton."

"It was a little disconcerting to have this cartoon dog constantly sniffing my butt," said co-star Emily Watson,"I would reassure myself by saying, 'it's only Daniel with his nose up my arse'. He did a lot worse when we filmed the movie 'The Boxer'. He actually insisted on impregnating me for that one. He gets into his role more than anyone I have ever worked with."

Day-Lewis refused to comment for this story. His press secretary said he's already hard at work preparing for his next role in a musical updating of the Bible by Baz Luhrman (director of Moulin Rouge). Day-Lewis is tentatively slated to fill the role of Jesus Christ.

"I'd be very interested to see how he pulls this one off," said an unnamed producer from Warner Bros. "I have no doubt that he will actually die on a cross and rise from the dead, but I don't think he can sing." DD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!